Dr. Deutsch’s research activities include software development for the analysis and integration of data for systems biology research. He is the lead designer for the Systems Biology Experiment Analysis Management System (SBEAMS). He contributes the development of minimum information standards, data formats, and databases for proteomics as chair of the HUPO Proteomics Standards Initiative (PSI). Dr. Deutsch leads of the Trans-Proteomic Pipeline project, which is a free and open-source suite of tools for the processing and analysis of proteomics tandem mass spectrometry data. He also heads the PeptideAtlas Project, which aims to collect proteomics mass spectrometry data from labs around the world to synthesize a master list of observed peptides and proteins and disseminate the results back to the community.
Dr. Deutsch participates in these internal and external activities:
- Co-chair of the HUPO Proteomics Standards Initiative (PSI)
- Chair of the PSI Mass Spectrometry Standards working Group (MSSWG)
- Chair of the Human Proteome Project (HPP) Knowledgebase Committee
- Team Lead for the Trans-Proteomic Pipeline (TPP) project
- Team Lead for the PeptideAtlas Project
- Principal Investigator for NIH NIGMS R01 GM087221